As we adapt to the ‘new normal’ amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many healthcare methods and processes will have to be modified to comply with best practices, such as social distancing and limited person-to-person contact. It’s understandable that facility managers want to take extra precautions to protect their staff and, as such, may feel reticent about on-site AED inspections and the potential dangers of infection.
Have confidence in your equipment during uncertain times
Ongoing AED inspection is crucial to maintain confidence in your facility’s ability to administer emergency care if a sudden cardiac arrest occurs. While there is no legal obligation to have an AED in your facility, there is a potential liability for having one in the workplace that malfunctions when it’s needed to be used. Having confidence in your AED’s ability to save lives affords you peace of mind.
But, in this time of COVID-19, how can you have it inspected without placing your staff in danger of infection from external personnel? Thankfully, there are viable solutions — technology has progressed to allow for remote AED inspection and maintenance with WiFi and cloud connectivity.
Introducing the ZOLL AED 3®
The ZOLL AED 3® is a cutting-edge defibrillator that enables automatic reporting of device status via cloud connectivity, with quick access and transmission of cardiac arrest event data to medical professionals. An integrated smart battery automatically transmits power level status to your AED program management solution over WiFi. This means that AED inspections can be conducted without technicians having to visit your premises, decreasing the chances of COVID-19 infections from people outside of your company.
In addition to remote inspection and maintenance, the ZOLL AED 3® defibrillator offers the following benefits to managers who want the peace of mind of knowing they’re covered in the event of sudden cardiac arrest:
- A full-color display with high-quality rescue images, CPR cycle timer, and a large color bar gauge for accurate CPR compression depth.
- CPR Uni-padz™ electrodes for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Cloud connectivity that can automatically report AED readiness.
- 5-year shelf life for pads and batteries, which enhances the AED’s readiness and reduces the frequency of maintenance.
- A Smart battery that can report power level status on the LCD screen, or transmit information automatically to your AED program management solution over WiFi.
- Available in both semi-automatic and fully automatic models.
Product innovation for extraordinary times
We are committed to product innovation that drives healthcare efficiency and gives facility managers confidence in their emergency equipment during these extraordinary times.
Click here to chat with a consultant about our range of AED products and which one is best suited to your unique needs.